Services and Support
"The hunger to belong is at the heart of our nature. Cut off from others we atrophy
and turn in on ourselves. No one was created for isolation. When we become isolated,
we are prone to being damaged; our minds lose their flexibility and natural kindness;
we become vulnerable to fear and negativity. The sense of belonging keeps you in
balance amidst the inner and outer immensities. The ancient and eternal values of
human life....truth, unity, goodness, justice, beauty, and love are all statements of true
belonging and they are also the secret intention and dream of human longing."
John O'Donohue ...from Eternal Echoes: Celtic Reflections On Our Yearning To Belong.
The work of all therapy, whether with individuals, couples, groups or the larger community is about, "whole-making;" reconnecting the parts of ourselves that feel isolated and split off from others. Most mental health and emotional difficulties are caused and sustained by a false sense of separation from the whole. In truth, we are all inexorably interconnected, but at times of great loss, illness, traumatic experiences or major life transitions that sense of belonging can be severed and broken, and cause us
tremendous pain. It is natural to try to escape pain and those are the times that most people seek help.
Those are the times when we are humbled, can put aside pretense and get in touch with our authentic self. Those are also the times we are reminded of what really matters in life and are open to real change. I bring many years of personal, spiritual and professional training and experience to my work
and the following are some of the support services, I offer:
1. Online and in person mindfulness-based individual, couples and group counseling.
2. Online and in person training in and exploration of basic stillness, meditation and mindfulness
techniques that integrate the spiritual, religious and self-help knowlege you already have.
3. Mindfulness-based trauma recovery work using breath work and EMDR.
4. Online and in person mindfulness-based grief work with individuals and groups.
5. Using stillness and present-moment awareness to create deeper connection and intimacy in
6. Using mindfulness and authentic presence to explore and connect with our true work and service
in the world.
7. Developing trust in our intutive abilty; to ask for what we need and receive guidance from within our
All of my services are available in person, via email and phone and/or on SKYPE.
Fees: My fees are on a sliding scale from $60-$150 per hour with the hope that those who can afford it will pay the higher amount. I can accept some insurance for local clients, including Health New England, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and all of the Commonwealth plans.
Pay Pal Suzanne Schecker
So all recalls my home self, and because it recalls that, what I am aches in me. Fernando Pessoa